The Troubled Rupee
A top official said the government has options to stem a fall in the rupee but did not offer any specifics, turning the focus on the RBI to stem a rout that sent the rupee to record lows. Full Article
- "Hazardous" air, murky skies in Singapore from Indonesian fires
- Rupee slumps to record low; bonds, stocks slump
- Rupee at record low as India seen lacking options to brake fall
- UPDATE 1-U.S. states, greens delay lawsuit, await Obama climate plan
- Finance minister holds meeting with officials over rupee fall
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Sun Pharma gains on U.S. nod for cancer drug
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) rose as much as 4.5 percent after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its generic version of ovarian cancer drug Doxil made by Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N) in the U.S. market.
"Doxil generic approval came in as a positive surprise. This would add US$70-$100m in high margin sales for FY14 until further generic competition comes in," CLSA said in a note on Tuesday.
Shares in the drugmaker also gained after subsidiary Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TARO.N) posted a 42 percent growth in October-December net profit.
Sun Pharma shares were up 3.5 percent as of 12:28 p.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this