United Spirits up on reports Diageo open offer approved
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits (UNSP.NS) gain 3.4 percent following media reports that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cleared Diageo Plc's (DGE.L) open offer for the Indian company.
A SEBI spokesman told Reuters the regulator has issued final observations on the offer but would not comment beyond that.
SEBI was due to issue its judgement on the open offer component of Diageo's $2.1 billion deal for United Spirits.
Competition Commission of India has the final approving rights on the whole deal.
United Spirits officials were not immediately available for comment. Diageo was not immediately reachable.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Arvind Subramanian likely to be chief econ adviser
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Govt raises sugar import duty to 25 pct from 15 pct
- EXCLUSIVE - Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article