United Spirits up on reports Diageo open offer approved
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits (UNSP.NS) gain 3.4 percent following media reports that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cleared Diageo Plc's (DGE.L) open offer for the Indian company.
A SEBI spokesman told Reuters the regulator has issued final observations on the offer but would not comment beyond that.
SEBI was due to issue its judgement on the open offer component of Diageo's $2.1 billion deal for United Spirits.
Competition Commission of India has the final approving rights on the whole deal.
United Spirits officials were not immediately available for comment. Diageo was not immediately reachable.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article