United Spirits up on reports Diageo open offer approved
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits (UNSP.NS) gain 3.4 percent following media reports that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cleared Diageo Plc's (DGE.L) open offer for the Indian company.
A SEBI spokesman told Reuters the regulator has issued final observations on the offer but would not comment beyond that.
SEBI was due to issue its judgement on the open offer component of Diageo's $2.1 billion deal for United Spirits.
Competition Commission of India has the final approving rights on the whole deal.
United Spirits officials were not immediately available for comment. Diageo was not immediately reachable.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article