United Spirits up on reports Diageo open offer approved
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in United Spirits (UNSP.NS) gain 3.4 percent following media reports that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cleared Diageo Plc's (DGE.L) open offer for the Indian company.
A SEBI spokesman told Reuters the regulator has issued final observations on the offer but would not comment beyond that.
SEBI was due to issue its judgement on the open offer component of Diageo's $2.1 billion deal for United Spirits.
Competition Commission of India has the final approving rights on the whole deal.
United Spirits officials were not immediately available for comment. Diageo was not immediately reachable.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
Drug maker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd has recalled more than 64,000 bottles of the generic versions of its cholesterol-lowering drug in the United States due to reports of a dose mix-up, U.S. regulators said. Full Article