Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media: FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global is preparing a bid for UK cable company Virgin Media Inc, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting By Michael Erman; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize