Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media: FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global is preparing a bid for UK cable company Virgin Media Inc, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting By Michael Erman; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare