Liberty Global prepares bid for UK's Virgin Media: FT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. billionaire John Malone's cable group Liberty Global is preparing a bid for UK cable company Virgin Media Inc, the Financial Times reported on Monday, citing several people familiar with the matter.
Virgin Media -- the UK's second-largest pay television operator according to the FT -- has a market capitalization of around $10.4 billion (6.6 billion pounds) as of Monday's closing price.
A bid for could be announced in coming days, the FT said.
Liberty Global and Virgin Media could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting By Michael Erman; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'