Sensex ends flat; NTPC falls ahead of share sale
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex ended flat on Wednesday as active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers, with HDFC gaining after cutting its prime lending rate, while NTPC slipped ahead of a share sale.
Shares in HDFC Ltd (HDFC.NS) were up 1.1 percent, while NTPC Ltd (NTPC.NS) fell 2.4 percent.
The Sensex provisionally ended 0.16 percent lower, and the 50-share Nifty gained 0.01 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article