Sensex ends flat; NTPC falls ahead of share sale
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Sensex ended flat on Wednesday as active participants refrained from long positions in the absence of fresh triggers, with HDFC gaining after cutting its prime lending rate, while NTPC slipped ahead of a share sale.
Shares in HDFC Ltd (HDFC.NS) were up 1.1 percent, while NTPC Ltd (NTPC.NS) fell 2.4 percent.
The Sensex provisionally ended 0.16 percent lower, and the 50-share Nifty gained 0.01 percent.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article