Cipla Q3 net up 25.5 percent, slightly misses estimates
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Cipla Ltd (CIPL.NS), India's fifth largest drugmaker by sales, reported a 25.5 percent rise in quarterly profit on robust sales but slightly missed street estimates as taxes surged.
The Mumbai-based drugmaker said, net profit grew to 3.39 billion rupees in October-December from 2.7 billion rupees a year earlier. Analysts on an average had expected a net profit of 3.48 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales rose 18.65 percent to 20.3 billion rupees, it said.
Shares in Cipla fell 0.56 percent to 405 rupees on Wednesday when the Mumbai market closed down 0.1 percent. (Reporting by Kaustubh Kulkarni; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- UPDATE 2-US transport regulator might move against in-flight calls
- Air Canada plane lands safely after engine fire
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article