Google to buy marketing services company for $125 million
REUTERS - ICG Group Inc(ICGE.O), which buys and builds Internet software and services firms, said Google Inc(GOOG.O) would acquire its partly owned marketing services unit, Channel Intelligence Inc, for $125 million in cash.
Channel Intelligence helps retailers, manufacturers and other advertisers make their products and services easier for consumers to find and buy online and in local stores.
ICG said it will get $60.5 million for its stake in Channel Intelligence.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
ICG shares, which closed at $12.04 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq, were up 3 percent at $12.41 in premarket trading on Wednesday morning.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
China's latest antitrust probes, which have hit firms such as Microsoft and Volkswagen AG, are not protectionist tools that favour domestic firms, an official of the country's price regulator told the official China Daily. Full Article
Data scientists are increasingly becoming important to the world's tech companies. Video