Google to buy marketing services company for $125 million
REUTERS - ICG Group Inc(ICGE.O), which buys and builds Internet software and services firms, said Google Inc(GOOG.O) would acquire its partly owned marketing services unit, Channel Intelligence Inc, for $125 million in cash.
Channel Intelligence helps retailers, manufacturers and other advertisers make their products and services easier for consumers to find and buy online and in local stores.
ICG said it will get $60.5 million for its stake in Channel Intelligence.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
ICG shares, which closed at $12.04 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq, were up 3 percent at $12.41 in premarket trading on Wednesday morning.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- BJP heading for majority in general election: opinion poll
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
Weibo Corp executives on Thursday toasted the Chinese social media firm's debut at Nasdaq's New York headquarters. Hours earlier in Beijing, Charles Xue, a Chinese-American venture capitalist and prominent Weibo user, celebrated a different kind of coming-out: his release after eight months in jail. Full Article
Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords Full Article