Google to buy marketing services company for $125 million
REUTERS - ICG Group IncICGE.O, which buys and builds Internet software and services firms, said Google Inc(GOOG.O) would acquire its partly owned marketing services unit, Channel Intelligence Inc, for $125 million in cash.
Channel Intelligence helps retailers, manufacturers and other advertisers make their products and services easier for consumers to find and buy online and in local stores.
ICG said it will get $60.5 million for its stake in Channel Intelligence.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
ICG shares, which closed at $12.04 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq, were up 3 percent at $12.41 in premarket trading on Wednesday morning.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Iran says it rebuffed US invitation to join anti-Islamic State coalition
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
Google Inc launched in India on Monday a smartphone costing around 6,400 rupees, the first device from its "Android One" initiative which is aimed at boosting sales in key emerging markets through cheaper prices and better quality software. Full Article