Google to buy marketing services company for $125 million
REUTERS - ICG Group Inc(ICGE.O), which buys and builds Internet software and services firms, said Google Inc(GOOG.O) would acquire its partly owned marketing services unit, Channel Intelligence Inc, for $125 million in cash.
Channel Intelligence helps retailers, manufacturers and other advertisers make their products and services easier for consumers to find and buy online and in local stores.
ICG said it will get $60.5 million for its stake in Channel Intelligence.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
ICG shares, which closed at $12.04 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq, were up 3 percent at $12.41 in premarket trading on Wednesday morning.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- UPDATE 6-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- Google feeds India and China from data centres next door
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
Google Inc opened its first two data centres in Asia on Wednesday to cater to the world's fastest growing consumer technology markets, but the company has no plans to open one in China or India. Full Article