ABIDJAN A Luxembourg-flagged, French-owned products tanker hijacked by suspected Nigerian pirates off Ivory Coast at the weekend has been released, and its 17-person crew is safe, the vessel's owner said on Wednesday.
SEA-Tankers, which owns the vessel Gascogne, lost contact with the ship on Sunday morning.
"SEA-Tankers are pleased to report that product tanker Gascogne has been released," the company said in a statement. "SEA-Tankers are very pleased all 17 seafarers are reported safe, however sadly two seafarers were injured during the incident but are being taken care off," the statement read.
(Reporting By Joe Bavier; Editing by Richard Valdmanis)
Trending On Reuters
Iran and world powers made progress on future sanctions relief for Iran in marathon nuclear talks on Saturday, but remained divided on issues such as lifting United Nations sanctions and the development of advanced centrifuges. Full Article
- At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in Syria's Idlib - monitor
- Tunisia's president declares state of emergency after hotel attack
- Hot dogs (many), banners and barbecues as America celebrates July 4
- Syrian army and Hezbollah lay siege to rebel-held border city
- Defence minister rejected as Taliban battle near Kabul