Philippines issues lowest-level tsunami alert, no evacuation
MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines issued a tsunami alert level 1, its lowest alert level, and warned residents along the country's eastern coast to stand-by for possible evacuation orders after a strong earthquake struck near the Solomon Islands on Wednesday.
"No evacuation yet, people should just be alert," Renato Solidum, head of the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, told Reuters.
(Reporting by Rosemarie Francisco; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
Thailand's political future is cloudier than ever, but one thing is for certain - self-exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra won't be coming home soon. Full Article
Exclusive - Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe: sources Full Article