Rupee at more than three-month high
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee hit a three-and-half month high in early trades on expected NTPC inflows, say dealers. The pair at 52.96/97 versus 52.87 high and a close of 53.14/15 close on Tuesday.
The government expects to raise around $2.25 billion by selling a 9.5 percent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on February 7.
Dealers estimate $300-$500 million of inflows due to NTPC share sale.
Gains in euro over previous India close also helping INR, dealers say.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article