Rupee at more than three-month high
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee hit a three-and-half month high in early trades on expected NTPC inflows, say dealers. The pair at 52.96/97 versus 52.87 high and a close of 53.14/15 close on Tuesday.
The government expects to raise around $2.25 billion by selling a 9.5 percent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on February 7.
Dealers estimate $300-$500 million of inflows due to NTPC share sale.
Gains in euro over previous India close also helping INR, dealers say.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article