Rupee at more than three-month high
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee hit a three-and-half month high in early trades on expected NTPC inflows, say dealers. The pair at 52.96/97 versus 52.87 high and a close of 53.14/15 close on Tuesday.
The government expects to raise around $2.25 billion by selling a 9.5 percent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on February 7.
Dealers estimate $300-$500 million of inflows due to NTPC share sale.
Gains in euro over previous India close also helping INR, dealers say.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sensex hits record high as BJP wins state polls
- Singapore's 'Little India' hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Congress stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- China data boosts world shares, nerves hold over U.S. bond-buying taper
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article