Rupee at more than three-month high
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee hit a three-and-half month high in early trades on expected NTPC inflows, say dealers. The pair at 52.96/97 versus 52.87 high and a close of 53.14/15 close on Tuesday.
The government expects to raise around $2.25 billion by selling a 9.5 percent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on February 7.
Dealers estimate $300-$500 million of inflows due to NTPC share sale.
Gains in euro over previous India close also helping INR, dealers say.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article