Jindal Steel ends Cameroon iron ore mine talks
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Jindal Steel (JNSP.NS) has pulled out of talks to invest in a Cameroon mine owned by iron ore producer Afferro Mining Inc AFF.V AFFA.L, questioning the financial viability of the project.
"There is major spending in billions of dollars required to create the required infrastructure and consequently the project may not be financially viable," Jindal said in a statement.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read