Jindal Steel ends Cameroon iron ore mine talks
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Jindal Steel (JNSP.NS) has pulled out of talks to invest in a Cameroon mine owned by iron ore producer Afferro Mining Inc (AFF.V) (AFFA.L), questioning the financial viability of the project.
"There is major spending in billions of dollars required to create the required infrastructure and consequently the project may not be financially viable," Jindal said in a statement.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. senators make move toward more sanctions on Iran
- U.S. tries again to calm India over accused diplomat Khobragade
- UPDATE 5-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- UPDATE 4-Putin to pardon jailed tycoon Khodorkovsky
- Target customers seeing red over store purchase data breach
A senior U.S. official called India's foreign secretary on Thursday in another attempt by Washington to tamp down the furore in India over the arrest and treatment of Devyani Khobragade, an Indian diplomat in New York. Full Article | Slideshow