Glenmark launches malaria treatment drug in UK
REUTERS - Drugmaker Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd (GLEN.NS) said on Thursday its European unit had launched a generic version of GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK.L) Malarone malaria treatment medicine, its first generic product in Britain.
Glenmark launched the drug after the revocation of Glaxo's patent on Malarone by the High Court in Britain, the Indian company said in a statement, adding the medicine had sales of $28 million in the year ended September.
(Reporting by Sumeet Chatterjee in MUMBAI; editing by Jane Baird)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article