Glenmark launches malaria treatment drug in UK
REUTERS - Drugmaker Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd (GLEN.NS) said on Thursday its European unit had launched a generic version of GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK.L) Malarone malaria treatment medicine, its first generic product in Britain.
Glenmark launched the drug after the revocation of Glaxo's patent on Malarone by the High Court in Britain, the Indian company said in a statement, adding the medicine had sales of $28 million in the year ended September.
(Reporting by Sumeet Chatterjee in MUMBAI; editing by Jane Baird)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article