Strides Arcolab shares slump as investors cast doubt on asset sale report
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Strides Arcolab Ltd (STAR.NS) slumped as much as 17.4 percent in Mumbai trading on Thursday as investors cast doubt on media reports that the drug maker may sell its injectable-medicines unit Agila Specialties.
Bloomberg News and the local media said last month that Strides was in talks to sell Agila to Pfizer Inc PFE.NS. Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg said, citing sources that it did not identify.
"There is market talk the deal with Pfizer might get delayed or cancelled," said Narayan Patra, an analyst at Systematix.
A spokesman at Strides declined to comment, while officials at Pfizer could not be immediately reached.
Shares in Striders were down 11.2 percent as of 0633 GMT.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Writing by Rafael Nam; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 27 |
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
The Nifty was trading in the red on Wednesday on profit taking after the broader index earlier hit its third straight record high at 7,922.70. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article