Strides Arcolab shares slump as investors cast doubt on asset sale report
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Strides Arcolab Ltd (STAR.NS) slumped as much as 17.4 percent in Mumbai trading on Thursday as investors cast doubt on media reports that the drug maker may sell its injectable-medicines unit Agila Specialties.
Bloomberg News and the local media said last month that Strides was in talks to sell Agila to Pfizer Inc PFE.NS. Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg said, citing sources that it did not identify.
"There is market talk the deal with Pfizer might get delayed or cancelled," said Narayan Patra, an analyst at Systematix.
A spokesman at Strides declined to comment, while officials at Pfizer could not be immediately reached.
Shares in Striders were down 11.2 percent as of 0633 GMT.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Writing by Rafael Nam; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article