Strides Arcolab shares slump as investors cast doubt on asset sale report
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Strides Arcolab Ltd (STAR.NS) slumped as much as 17.4 percent in Mumbai trading on Thursday as investors cast doubt on media reports that the drug maker may sell its injectable-medicines unit Agila Specialties.
Bloomberg News and the local media said last month that Strides was in talks to sell Agila to Pfizer Inc PFE.NS. Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg said, citing sources that it did not identify.
"There is market talk the deal with Pfizer might get delayed or cancelled," said Narayan Patra, an analyst at Systematix.
A spokesman at Strides declined to comment, while officials at Pfizer could not be immediately reached.
Shares in Striders were down 11.2 percent as of 0633 GMT.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Writing by Rafael Nam; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Teen stole part from wrecked Porsche in Paul Walker crash: police
- Elephant wanders around Rome for two hours after circus breakout
- Deadly ice storm in U.S. knocks out power, halts flights
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
- Historic global trade deal on ice as Cuba holds out