Business Sentiment Survey
Asia's top companies have become more optimistic about their business outlook with the retail and shipping industries rebounding sharply in the second quarter of 2013, the latest Thomson Reuters/INSEAD Asia Business Sentiment Survey shows. Full Article
Asian stocks to lead the way to year's end, Fed seen pulling back - Reuters Poll. Full Article
Road building revival offers rare hope for India infrastructure overhaul. Full Article
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Deutsche Bank has suspended five traders suspected of inappropriate conduct following an internal investigation into possible manipulation of the Europe Interbank Offered Rate (Euribor), a source familiar with the matter said.
* Buyout firms have accelerated talks with lenders to secure funding for possible 10-billion-pound ($15.65 billion) bids for EE, the UK's largest mobile phone operator, according to the Financial Times. A group formed by Apax and KKR and another led by Blackstone and CVC Capital are working on competing offers, the paper said.
* Barclays Plc is nearing the completion of a raft of job cuts at its investment bank as part of its new chief executive's plan to streamline operations and cut costs, a person familiar with the matter said.
* Cantor Fitzgerald is in advanced talks to buy brokerage firm Seymour Pierce, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the discussions.
* One of the key shareholders of Italy's biggest construction firm Impregilo is set to launch a takeover bid for the rest of the company, sources close to the matter told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this