Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Deutsche Bank has suspended five traders suspected of inappropriate conduct following an internal investigation into possible manipulation of the Europe Interbank Offered Rate (Euribor), a source familiar with the matter said.
* Buyout firms have accelerated talks with lenders to secure funding for possible 10-billion-pound ($15.65 billion) bids for EE, the UK's largest mobile phone operator, according to the Financial Times. A group formed by Apax and KKR and another led by Blackstone and CVC Capital are working on competing offers, the paper said.
* Barclays Plc is nearing the completion of a raft of job cuts at its investment bank as part of its new chief executive's plan to streamline operations and cut costs, a person familiar with the matter said.
* Cantor Fitzgerald is in advanced talks to buy brokerage firm Seymour Pierce, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the discussions.
* One of the key shareholders of Italy's biggest construction firm Impregilo is set to launch a takeover bid for the rest of the company, sources close to the matter told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article