NTPC's weightage in MSCI India to rise post share sale: Citi
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC's (NTPC.NS) weight in MSCI India index would rise from 0.63 percent to 1.79 percent as the company's free float stock increases after its offer for sale, Citigroup said in a note, quoting MSCI.
The government will sell 783.26 million shares, or 9.5 percent stake, in NTPC through a single-day auction, as part of its drive to raise 270 billion rupees by selling shares in some state enterprises in the 2012/13 fiscal year.
Citigroup also adds that NTPC's weight would increase in FTSE and Nifty indexes as well in March and April/May respectively, which should lead to a lot of passive demand/flows in the stock.
The investment bank expects MSCI to implement changes at its quarterly rebalancing on Feb 28.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
Modi's U.S. Trip
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on his first trip to New York as leader of the world's most populous democracy, will draw perhaps the largest crowd ever by a foreign leader on U.S. soil when he takes the stage on Sunday in Madison Square Garden before a crowd forecast to total more than 18,000 people. Full Article