NTPC's weightage in MSCI India to rise post share sale: Citi
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC's (NTPC.NS) weight in MSCI India index would rise from 0.63 percent to 1.79 percent as the company's free float stock increases after its offer for sale, Citigroup said in a note, quoting MSCI.
The government will sell 783.26 million shares, or 9.5 percent stake, in NTPC through a single-day auction, as part of its drive to raise 270 billion rupees by selling shares in some state enterprises in the 2012/13 fiscal year.
Citigroup also adds that NTPC's weight would increase in FTSE and Nifty indexes as well in March and April/May respectively, which should lead to a lot of passive demand/flows in the stock.
The investment bank expects MSCI to implement changes at its quarterly rebalancing on Feb 28.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- UPDATE 3-SEC's long path to money market fund reform ends in compromise
- UPDATE 3-Tanker charge tarnishes Boeing's 2nd-quarter profit
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article