NTPC's weightage in MSCI India to rise post share sale: Citi
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC's (NTPC.NS) weight in MSCI India index would rise from 0.63 percent to 1.79 percent as the company's free float stock increases after its offer for sale, Citigroup said in a note, quoting MSCI.
The government will sell 783.26 million shares, or 9.5 percent stake, in NTPC through a single-day auction, as part of its drive to raise 270 billion rupees by selling shares in some state enterprises in the 2012/13 fiscal year.
Citigroup also adds that NTPC's weight would increase in FTSE and Nifty indexes as well in March and April/May respectively, which should lead to a lot of passive demand/flows in the stock.
The investment bank expects MSCI to implement changes at its quarterly rebalancing on Feb 28.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article