NTPC's weightage in MSCI India to rise post share sale: Citi
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC's (NTPC.NS) weight in MSCI India index would rise from 0.63 percent to 1.79 percent as the company's free float stock increases after its offer for sale, Citigroup said in a note, quoting MSCI.
The government will sell 783.26 million shares, or 9.5 percent stake, in NTPC through a single-day auction, as part of its drive to raise 270 billion rupees by selling shares in some state enterprises in the 2012/13 fiscal year.
Citigroup also adds that NTPC's weight would increase in FTSE and Nifty indexes as well in March and April/May respectively, which should lead to a lot of passive demand/flows in the stock.
The investment bank expects MSCI to implement changes at its quarterly rebalancing on Feb 28.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article