NTPC's weightage in MSCI India to rise post share sale: Citi
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC's (NTPC.NS) weight in MSCI India index would rise from 0.63 percent to 1.79 percent as the company's free float stock increases after its offer for sale, Citigroup said in a note, quoting MSCI.
The government will sell 783.26 million shares, or 9.5 percent stake, in NTPC through a single-day auction, as part of its drive to raise 270 billion rupees by selling shares in some state enterprises in the 2012/13 fiscal year.
Citigroup also adds that NTPC's weight would increase in FTSE and Nifty indexes as well in March and April/May respectively, which should lead to a lot of passive demand/flows in the stock.
The investment bank expects MSCI to implement changes at its quarterly rebalancing on Feb 28.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Shares Hit Record
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article