Balotelli fined by police after airport row - reports
REUTERS - Mario Balotelli's troubles have followed him back to Italy after media reports on Thursday said the AC Milan striker was fined by police following a row over his parked car at a city airport.
The 22-year-old, who left Manchester City last month after two and a half years in England filled with bizarre tales on and off the field, parked his car in front of Linate arrivals and pretended to move it when police asked - only then to be sanctioned.
Balotelli, who scored twice on his Milan debut last weekend, cut a frustrated figure in Italy's 1-1 friendly draw in the Netherlands on Wednesday and booted a ball against an advertising hoarding.
Paolo Berlusconi, AC Milan's vice president and brother of owner Silvio, was lambasted in social media this week after calling Balotelli "the little black boy of the family".
(Writing by Mark Meadows; Ediitng by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza
India, host of the last Commonwealth Games, has sent a contingent of 220 athletes to this year’s Glasgow Games. Here is a look at the winners so far: Read