Cement shares fall; earnings fail to impress
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement makers fall after October-December earnings fail to impress investors.
Ambuja Cements' (ABUJ.NS) net profit fell by 29.8 percent to 2.12 billion rupees, while ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) on Thursday reported a 49 percent fall in net profit.
Weak results are dashing some of last month's optimism that cement prices would rise if capacity lags demand.
Deutsche Bank downgraded ACC rating to "hold" from "buy", saying October-December earnings had come in below its forecast and noting lower demand and prices for cement were casting doubts about the health of the industry.
Ambuja Cements shares fall 5.2 percent while ACC is down 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article