Cement shares fall; earnings fail to impress
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in cement makers fall after October-December earnings fail to impress investors.
Ambuja Cements' (ABUJ.NS) net profit fell by 29.8 percent to 2.12 billion rupees, while ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) on Thursday reported a 49 percent fall in net profit.
Weak results are dashing some of last month's optimism that cement prices would rise if capacity lags demand.
Deutsche Bank downgraded ACC rating to "hold" from "buy", saying October-December earnings had come in below its forecast and noting lower demand and prices for cement were casting doubts about the health of the industry.
Ambuja Cements shares fall 5.2 percent while ACC is down 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article