Dell says proposed offer shifts risks of business to buyer group
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Dell Inc DELL.O on Friday, responding to independent investment fund Southeastern Asset Management, said the proposed buyout deal offers immediate premium for stockholders and shifts the risks facing the business to the buyer group.
"The Board concluded that the proposed all-cash transaction is in the best interests of stockholders," Dell said in a statement.
(Reporting By Poornima Gupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India's demands block $1 trillion WTO deal on customs rules
- India, U.S. stress strategic ties but tensions remain
- Panasonic confirms will invest in $5 billion Tesla battery plant
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
BBM FOR WINDOWS
BlackBerry Ltd said on Thursday its popular messaging system BBM, or BlackBerry Messenger, would now be open to those using the Windows phone platform, a move that potentially makes the messaging service more appealing to its enterprise clients. Full Article
Xiaomi's star rises as Chinese handset makers gnaw at Samsung's share: report. Full Article
Microsoft ordered by U.S. judge to submit customer's emails from abroad. Full Article