MARKET EYE-Indian shares flat; Tech companies gain, M&M falls
* The BSE index gains 0.14 percent, while the 50-share NSE index falls 0.02 percent. * Cement companies fall after October-December earnings fail to impress market participants. ACC Ltd falls 2.12 percent and Ambuja Cement Ltd is down 4.8 percent. * Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd shares fall 1.2 percent ahead of December quarter earnings. * However, Infosys Ltd rises 0.4 percent and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd is up 2.9 percent after Cognizant earnings. * The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat. (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- World holds its breath, mostly hoping Scots vote "No"
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Chinese hackers breach U.S. military contractors -Senate probe
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors, Senate probe finds
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article