Economy likely to grow at 5.5 percent in 2012/13
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's economy is likely to grow at 5.5 percent or slightly more in the current fiscal year ending next month, and the central statistical organisation is likely to revise figures in its final estimates, a finance ministry statement said on Friday.
Citing GDP trend data for previous years, the statement said the advanced estimates were based on data till November or December, and did not capture the turnaround trend of the economy.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article