Economy likely to grow at 5.5 percent in 2012/13
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's economy is likely to grow at 5.5 percent or slightly more in the current fiscal year ending next month, and the central statistical organisation is likely to revise figures in its final estimates, a finance ministry statement said on Friday.
Citing GDP trend data for previous years, the statement said the advanced estimates were based on data till November or December, and did not capture the turnaround trend of the economy.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- ICC bans Moeen Ali from wearing 'Save Gaza' wristbands