Exide to raise replacement auto battery prices
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Exide Industries Ltd (EXID.NS) will raise prices for replacement auto batteries by 5-6 percent due to rising input costs, a company source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The prices are meant to offset higher lead prices, said the company source.
Shares of Exide Industries were up 3.9 percent at 1:20 p.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article