Exide to raise replacement auto battery prices
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Exide Industries Ltd (EXID.NS) will raise prices for replacement auto batteries by 5-6 percent due to rising input costs, a company source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The prices are meant to offset higher lead prices, said the company source.
Shares of Exide Industries were up 3.9 percent at 1:20 p.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India's demands block $1 trillion WTO deal on customs rules
- India, U.S. stress strategic ties but tensions remain
- Panasonic confirms will invest in $5 billion Tesla battery plant
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
The World Trade Organization failed on Thursday to reach a deal to standardise customs rules, which would have been the first global trade reform in two decades but was blocked by India's demands for concessions on agricultural stockpiling. Full Article
India group ICVL to nearly triple coal output from mine bought from Rio Tinto. Full Article