RBI deputy expects bank licence rules 'very soon'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The RBI is expected to issue new bank licence guidelines "very soon", deputy governor Anand Sinha said on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India will arrive at a mutual decision on banking licence rules with the finance ministry, and consultations with the ministry are nearing an end, he said.
Sinha added that there were risks in giving licences to corporates. He was speaking on the sidelines of an event on Basel III.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article