RBI deputy expects bank licence rules 'very soon'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The RBI is expected to issue new bank licence guidelines "very soon", deputy governor Anand Sinha said on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India will arrive at a mutual decision on banking licence rules with the finance ministry, and consultations with the ministry are nearing an end, he said.
Sinha added that there were risks in giving licences to corporates. He was speaking on the sidelines of an event on Basel III.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- KKR to lend $175 million to GMR Infrastructure - source
- Alibaba boosts IPO as demand strengthens
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit. Full Article