RBI deputy expects bank licence rules 'very soon'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The RBI is expected to issue new bank licence guidelines "very soon", deputy governor Anand Sinha said on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India will arrive at a mutual decision on banking licence rules with the finance ministry, and consultations with the ministry are nearing an end, he said.
Sinha added that there were risks in giving licences to corporates. He was speaking on the sidelines of an event on Basel III.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article