MUMBAI (Reuters) - The RBI is expected to issue new bank licence guidelines "very soon", deputy governor Anand Sinha said on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India will arrive at a mutual decision on banking licence rules with the finance ministry, and consultations with the ministry are nearing an end, he said.
Sinha added that there were risks in giving licences to corporates. He was speaking on the sidelines of an event on Basel III.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves