RBI deputy expects bank licence rules 'very soon'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The RBI is expected to issue new bank licence guidelines "very soon", deputy governor Anand Sinha said on Friday.
The Reserve Bank of India will arrive at a mutual decision on banking licence rules with the finance ministry, and consultations with the ministry are nearing an end, he said.
Sinha added that there were risks in giving licences to corporates. He was speaking on the sidelines of an event on Basel III.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article