TCS, Infosys gain after Cognizant earnings
Reuters Market Eye - India's software services exporters gain, with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.4 percent, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS.NS) up 3 percent, and Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) up 1.2 percent.
Gains come a day after Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp's (CTSH.O) quarterly profit modestly beat estimates, helped by a rise in demand from Europe.
The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat, analysts say.
Barclays says Cognizant's annual guidance "poses no risk" to its forecasts for Indian IT companies and indicates company's revenue growth would continue to lag Infosys for another quarter.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal
- U.S. seeks to step up India trade talks after WTO breakthrough
- EU approves Novartis' Signifor drug for rare hormonal disorder
- India targets private cash to build railways to its ports
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article