TCS, Infosys gain after Cognizant earnings
Reuters Market Eye - India's software services exporters gain, with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.4 percent, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS.NS) up 3 percent, and Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) up 1.2 percent.
Gains come a day after Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp's (CTSH.O) quarterly profit modestly beat estimates, helped by a rise in demand from Europe.
The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat, analysts say.
Barclays says Cognizant's annual guidance "poses no risk" to its forecasts for Indian IT companies and indicates company's revenue growth would continue to lag Infosys for another quarter.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Negative euro overnight rates show cracks in banking system
- India's growth speeds up in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Indian power station coal stocks lowest since 2012 blackouts
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article