TCS, Infosys gain after Cognizant earnings
Reuters Market Eye - India's software services exporters gain, with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.4 percent, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS.NS) up 3 percent, and Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) up 1.2 percent.
Gains come a day after Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp's (CTSH.O) quarterly profit modestly beat estimates, helped by a rise in demand from Europe.
The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat, analysts say.
Barclays says Cognizant's annual guidance "poses no risk" to its forecasts for Indian IT companies and indicates company's revenue growth would continue to lag Infosys for another quarter.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article