TCS, Infosys gain after Cognizant earnings
Reuters Market Eye - India's software services exporters gain, with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.4 percent, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS.NS) up 3 percent, and Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) up 1.2 percent.
Gains come a day after Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp's (CTSH.O) quarterly profit modestly beat estimates, helped by a rise in demand from Europe.
The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat, analysts say.
Barclays says Cognizant's annual guidance "poses no risk" to its forecasts for Indian IT companies and indicates company's revenue growth would continue to lag Infosys for another quarter.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Modi calls for early settlement of China border issue
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- UPDATE 2-Border standoff dominates China Xi's visit to India
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
A standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers overshadowed a visit to New Delhi by China's President Xi Jinping on Thursday, with a $20 billion investment pledge eclipsed by robust comments from Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the dispute. Full Article | Slideshow