Turkish Jan auto output falls 2.2 pct-association
ISTANBUL Feb 8 (Reuters) - Turkish vehicle production fell 2.2 percent to 82,509 units in January, the Automotive Manufacturers Association (OSD) said on Friday.
Domestic automotive sales meanwhile rose 19 percent to 37,139 units, the association said in an emailed statement.
Turkey's automotive sector was been hit by a shrinking export market in Europe and weaker domestic demand in 2012. (Writing by Seda Sezer; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups