Economy likely to grow at 5.5 percent in 2012/13
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's economy is likely to grow at 5.5 percent or slightly more in the current fiscal year ending next month, and the central statistical organisation is likely to revise figures in its final estimates, a finance ministry statement said on Friday.
Citing GDP trend data for previous years, the statement said the advanced estimates were based on data till November or December, and did not capture the turnaround trend of the economy.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- New Jerusalem find may shed light on Jewish revolt against Romans
India's biggest listed property company on Wednesday appealed for interim relief from a three-year ban from accessing capital markets by the regulator. Full Article