FACTBOX - Winners in main categories at BAFTA film awards
LONDON (Reuters) - Here is a list of winners in the main categories at the BAFTAs, Britain's top film awards, which took place in London on Sunday.
BEST FILM: "Argo"
OUTSTANDING BRITISH FILM: "Skyfall"
BEST DIRECTOR: Ben Affleck for "Argo"
LEADING ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln"
LEADING ACTRESS: Emmanuelle Riva in "Amour"
SUPPORTING ACTOR: Christoph Waltz in "Django Unchained"
SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway in "Les Miserables"
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Quentin Tarantino for "Django Unchained"
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: David O. Russell for "Silver Linings Playbook"
FILM NOT IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE: "Amour"
ORIGINAL MUSIC: "Skyfall"
CINEMATOGRAPHY: "Life of Pi" (Reporting by Estelle Shirbon, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article