Inflation is 'still high': RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's headline inflation at 7.5 percent is "still high", the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Duvvuri Subbarao said on Monday.
Subbarao, speaking at an academic institution, said inflation was due to a spike in crude oil prices and the government's high fiscal deficit.
The RBI cut rates in late January, but refrained from spelling out further rate cuts due to concerns about the country's current account deficit and inflation flaring again in the later half of 2013.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive