"We Are Young" wins Song of the Year at the 2013 Grammy Awards
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "We Are Young" by indie-pop trio FUN. won Song of the Year at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, the top award for achievement in songwriting on music's biggest night.
The song was co-written by FUN. members Jack Antonoff, Nate Ruess and Andrew Dost and producer Jeff Bhasker.
"I don't know what I was thinking writing the chorus of this song. This is HD (television), everyone can see our faces, and we are not very young," FUN. lead singer Ruess said while accepting the award.
The Grammy awards were handed out at a live televised ceremony in Los Angeles. (Reporting By Piya Sinha-Roy, editing by Jill Serjeant and Doina Chiacu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
A Minute With
When Jon Voight joined the growing list of top-flight film actors on television last year as a small-time Boston gangster on drama "Ray Donovan," he felt the role of the aging family patriarch take him back to his early days as a character actor. Full Article
Prince George of Cambridge, third in line to succeed the British throne, celebrates his first birthday. Slideshow