"We Are Young" wins Song of the Year at the 2013 Grammy Awards
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "We Are Young" by indie-pop trio FUN. won Song of the Year at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, the top award for achievement in songwriting on music's biggest night.
The song was co-written by FUN. members Jack Antonoff, Nate Ruess and Andrew Dost and producer Jeff Bhasker.
"I don't know what I was thinking writing the chorus of this song. This is HD (television), everyone can see our faces, and we are not very young," FUN. lead singer Ruess said while accepting the award.
The Grammy awards were handed out at a live televised ceremony in Los Angeles. (Reporting By Piya Sinha-Roy, editing by Jill Serjeant and Doina Chiacu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
Dystopian young adult movie "The Maze Runner" won the weekend box office race in the U.S. and Canada, collecting $32.5 million in ticket sales to outpace the Liam Neeson action flick, "A Walk Among the Tombstones." Full Article
Millions of beer drinkers from around the world gather in Germany for the annual Oktoberfest festivities. Slideshow
NASA partners with SpaceX and Boeing to build 'space taxis' to fly astronauts to the International Space Station. Slideshow