Tata Power posts surprise third-quarter loss
REUTERS - Tata Power Company(TTPW.NS) posted a surprise third-quarter loss, hurt by higher finance and depreciation costs and foreign exchange losses.
The company reported a net loss of 3.29 billion rupees in the quarter that ended in December, compared with a profit of 2.98 billion rupees in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to report a net profit of 2.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
DAVOS, Switzerland - Central banks have done their best to rescue the world economy by printing money and politicians must now act fast to enact structural reforms and pro-investment policies to boost growth, central bankers said on Saturday.
Trending On Reuters
Barack Obama in India
In a glow of bonhomie, U.S. President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled plans to unlock billions of dollars in nuclear trade and to deepen defence ties, steps they hope will establish an enduring strategic partnership. Read | Slideshow
- Video: Modi receives Obama at the airport
- "We have a deal" - insurance may unlock India-U.S. atomic trade
- U.S.-China climate deal does not put pressure on India, says Modi
- Obama backs India's solar goals, seeks support for climate talks
- Column - U.S. and India: Two democracies should join to balance China's rise
Indian economic growth forecasts pegged back, despite rate cuts: Reuters Poll. Full Article