Tata Power posts surprise third-quarter loss
REUTERS - Tata Power Company(TTPW.NS) posted a surprise third-quarter loss, hurt by higher finance and depreciation costs and foreign exchange losses.
The company reported a net loss of 3.29 billion rupees in the quarter that ended in December, compared with a profit of 2.98 billion rupees in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to report a net profit of 2.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article