India's Tata Power posts surprise Q3 loss
Feb 11 (Reuters) - India's Tata Power Company posted a surprise third-quarter loss, hurt by higher finance and depreciation costs and foreign exchange losses.
The company reported a net loss of 3.29 billion rupees in the quarter that ended in December, compared with a profit of 2.98 billion rupees in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to report a net profit of 2.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- Nissan recalling 260,000 vehicles globally with Takata air bags