India's Tata Power posts surprise Q3 loss
Feb 11 (Reuters) - India's Tata Power Company posted a surprise third-quarter loss, hurt by higher finance and depreciation costs and foreign exchange losses.
The company reported a net loss of 3.29 billion rupees in the quarter that ended in December, compared with a profit of 2.98 billion rupees in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to report a net profit of 2.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article