India's Tata Power posts surprise Q3 loss
Feb 11 (Reuters) - India's Tata Power Company posted a surprise third-quarter loss, hurt by higher finance and depreciation costs and foreign exchange losses.
The company reported a net loss of 3.29 billion rupees in the quarter that ended in December, compared with a profit of 2.98 billion rupees in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to report a net profit of 2.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- U.S. advises against non-essential travel to countries hit by Ebola
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- UPDATE 3-Apache to quit gas projects in Australia and Canada
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article