Ericsson wins $1 billion contract from India's Reliance Comm
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Indian mobile phone carrier Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS) said on Monday that it has awarded an eight-year contract valued at $1 billion to telecommunications equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) to manage its networks in the northern and western states of India.
Last month, Reliance Communications gave Alcatel-Lucent SA (ALUA.PA) an eight-year contract valued at more than $1 billion to manage its mobile and fixed networks in east and south India.
(Reporting By Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence but impatient for new powers
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Obama nominates Indian-American as ambassador to India
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip