BofA Merrill upgrades Exide to 'buy'; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Exide Industries Ltd (EXID.NS) shares gain 1 percent after Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgrades the stock to "buy" from "underperform," given expectations of an "an imminent increase in pricing power in automotive batteries."
BofA Merrill also raises Exide's target price to 160 rupees from 122 rupees earlier.
The investment bank says an expected hike in battery prices also supported by capacity constraint at Exide rival Amara Raja Batteries Ltd (AMAR.NS) and the rising costs of lead, among other factors. Exide Industries will raise prices for replacement auto batteries by 5-6 percent due to rising input costs, a company source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
India promised on Monday to open up the coal industry to private players and moved closer to selling a stake in a state-run oil company, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi picked up the pace on economic reform days after relaxing fuel price controls. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article