BofA Merrill upgrades Exide to 'buy'; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Exide Industries Ltd (EXID.NS) shares gain 1 percent after Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgrades the stock to "buy" from "underperform," given expectations of an "an imminent increase in pricing power in automotive batteries."
BofA Merrill also raises Exide's target price to 160 rupees from 122 rupees earlier.
The investment bank says an expected hike in battery prices also supported by capacity constraint at Exide rival Amara Raja Batteries Ltd (AMAR.NS) and the rising costs of lead, among other factors. Exide Industries will raise prices for replacement auto batteries by 5-6 percent due to rising input costs, a company source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Newtown massacre shooter indulged dark obsessions online, report says
- UPDATE 6-Sold-out Cosby show goes ahead amid sex assault claims
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Sold-out Cosby show goes ahead amid sex assault claims
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article