BofA Merrill upgrades Exide to 'buy'; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Exide Industries Ltd (EXID.NS) shares gain 1 percent after Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgrades the stock to "buy" from "underperform," given expectations of an "an imminent increase in pricing power in automotive batteries."
BofA Merrill also raises Exide's target price to 160 rupees from 122 rupees earlier.
The investment bank says an expected hike in battery prices also supported by capacity constraint at Exide rival Amara Raja Batteries Ltd (AMAR.NS) and the rising costs of lead, among other factors. Exide Industries will raise prices for replacement auto batteries by 5-6 percent due to rising input costs, a company source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
The Reserve Bank of India said that all transactions involving domestic credit cards must follow rules requiring additional verification, a stance that could impact companies such as Uber Technologies Inc that provide more simple app-based purchases. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article