India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal - defence ministry source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica(SIFI.MI) and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article