India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal - defence ministry source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica(SIFI.MI) and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article