India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal - defence ministry source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica(SIFI.MI) and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
The Australian government on Monday approved Indian firm Adani Mining Pty Ltd's $15.5 billion Carmichael coal and rail project in Queensland, subject to strict conditions to protect groundwater. Full Article