India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal - defence ministry source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica(SIFI.MI) and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Russia criticises EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Rosberg on pole, Hamilton on fire
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas took hold on the 19th day of their conflict. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article