India investigating kickbacks in Finmeccanica deal - defence ministry source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is investigating the payment of kickbacks linked to the purchase of a dozen helicopters from Italian state-controlled defence group Finmeccanica(SIFI.MI) and could put off the deal, an Indian Defence Ministry official said.
The official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the information, said 40 million rupee kickbacks were under investigation by Indian law enforcement agencies.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Frank Jack Daniel, editing by Ross Colvin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- Insight - In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- UPDATE 2-Canada household debt-to-income ratio hits record high
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- BSE Sensex marks biggest weekly fall in nearly a month
The Sensex fell on Friday to mark its biggest weekly fall in nearly a month, as rate-sensitive stocks such as ICICI Bank fell on caution ahead of the RBI's policy review and the U.S. Federal Reserve meet next week. Article
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article