January consumer price inflation at 10.79 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.79 percent in January from the previous month, government data showed on Tuesday.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa.
Food prices for consumers rose 13.36 percent in January from 13.04 percent in December.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article