Rupee falls to near one-month low
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges down to 53.94/95 versus its Monday's close of 53.8450/8550 but key resistance met at 54.01 levels, prompting some pullback. 54.01 is the strongest since January 18.
USD/INR testing major resistance at 53.90-54.05, which has been a rebound high for 7 trading days between January 21-29 and a 38.2 percent retracement of the 55.89 (26th Nov) and 52.87 (5th Feb) decline.
Dealers say dollar demand seen from gold and oil importers.
Factory output at 11 a.m. eyed for immediate cues. Resistance expected to hold until the data with further gains towards 54.25 likely if data disappoints and pair holding above 53.85 levels until then.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
Government officials will meet on Tuesday to discuss proposals to shut down some loss-making state-owned companies, risking a conflict with powerful trade unions. Full Article
INSIGHT - "Mr. Confession" and his boss drive China's antitrust crusade . Full Article