Rupee falls to near one-month low
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges down to 53.94/95 versus its Monday's close of 53.8450/8550 but key resistance met at 54.01 levels, prompting some pullback. 54.01 is the strongest since January 18.
USD/INR testing major resistance at 53.90-54.05, which has been a rebound high for 7 trading days between January 21-29 and a 38.2 percent retracement of the 55.89 (26th Nov) and 52.87 (5th Feb) decline.
Dealers say dollar demand seen from gold and oil importers.
Factory output at 11 a.m. eyed for immediate cues. Resistance expected to hold until the data with further gains towards 54.25 likely if data disappoints and pair holding above 53.85 levels until then.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article