Rupee falls to near one-month low
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges down to 53.94/95 versus its Monday's close of 53.8450/8550 but key resistance met at 54.01 levels, prompting some pullback. 54.01 is the strongest since January 18.
USD/INR testing major resistance at 53.90-54.05, which has been a rebound high for 7 trading days between January 21-29 and a 38.2 percent retracement of the 55.89 (26th Nov) and 52.87 (5th Feb) decline.
Dealers say dollar demand seen from gold and oil importers.
Factory output at 11 a.m. eyed for immediate cues. Resistance expected to hold until the data with further gains towards 54.25 likely if data disappoints and pair holding above 53.85 levels until then.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article