Rupee falls to near one-month low
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges down to 53.94/95 versus its Monday's close of 53.8450/8550 but key resistance met at 54.01 levels, prompting some pullback. 54.01 is the strongest since January 18.
USD/INR testing major resistance at 53.90-54.05, which has been a rebound high for 7 trading days between January 21-29 and a 38.2 percent retracement of the 55.89 (26th Nov) and 52.87 (5th Feb) decline.
Dealers say dollar demand seen from gold and oil importers.
Factory output at 11 a.m. eyed for immediate cues. Resistance expected to hold until the data with further gains towards 54.25 likely if data disappoints and pair holding above 53.85 levels until then.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article