N.Korea confirms "successful" nuclear test - KCNA
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea confirmed on Tuesday it has successfully conducted a third nuclear test, saying it used a miniaturized device that had a greater explosive force than previous tests, the North's KCNA official news agency said.
"It was confirmed that the nuclear test that was carried out at a high level in a safe and perfect manner using a miniaturized and lighter nuclear device with greater explosive force than previously did not pose any negative impact on the surrounding ecological environment," KCNA said.
(Reporting by Jack Kim; Editing by Miyoung Kim)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 7-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- US STOCKS-Wall St dips as investors mull Fed tapering after budget deal