N.Korea confirms "successful" nuclear test - KCNA
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea confirmed on Tuesday it has successfully conducted a third nuclear test, saying it used a miniaturized device that had a greater explosive force than previous tests, the North's KCNA official news agency said.
"It was confirmed that the nuclear test that was carried out at a high level in a safe and perfect manner using a miniaturized and lighter nuclear device with greater explosive force than previously did not pose any negative impact on the surrounding ecological environment," KCNA said.
(Reporting by Jack Kim; Editing by Miyoung Kim)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups Full Article