TOKYO Japan will consider its own sanctions against North Korea which has appeared to have conducted a nuclear test, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday.
"I have ordered that we consider every possible way to address this issue, including our own sanctions, while cooperating with other countries," Abe told reporters after a meeting of Japan's security council.
North Korea likely conducted a nuclear test on Tuesday, said South Korea's defence ministry, after seismic activity measuring 4.9 magnitude was registered by the U.S. Geological Survey.
(Reporting by Stanley White)
Trending On Reuters
Egypt's army said on Wednesday more than 100 militants and 17 soldiers were killed after simultaneous assaults on military checkpoints in North Sinai, in the deadliest fighting in years in the restive province. Full Article
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
- Images show Chinese airstrip on man-made Spratly island nearly finished
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- "Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane
- In emails, Hillary's outside advisers pushed hawkish Afghan line
"Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane Full Article