TOKYO Japan will consider its own sanctions against North Korea which has appeared to have conducted a nuclear test, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday.
"I have ordered that we consider every possible way to address this issue, including our own sanctions, while cooperating with other countries," Abe told reporters after a meeting of Japan's security council.
North Korea likely conducted a nuclear test on Tuesday, said South Korea's defence ministry, after seismic activity measuring 4.9 magnitude was registered by the U.S. Geological Survey.
(Reporting by Stanley White)
Trending On Reuters
Gunmen disguised as members of the Pakistani security forces killed at least 22 passengers on Friday night after forcing them off buses travelling from the western city of Quetta to Karachi on the southern coast, officials said. Full Article
- Myanmar lands seized migrant boat on island
- U.S. says China's island-building erodes security; Beijing angered
- U.S. and Iran address obstacles to nuclear deal as deadline nears
- China tells workplaces they must have Communist Party units
- Magnitude 8.5 quake strikes off eastern Japan, no tsunami danger or damage reports