Likely Terror Attack
A British soldier was hacked to death by two men shouting Islamic slogans in a south London street on Wednesday, in what the government said appeared to be a terrorist attack. Full Article
- Gold slips after Bernanke hints at slowing bond buys
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
Pope will play no role in running Church after he resigns - Vatican
VATICAN CITY |
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict will step aside completely from any role in running the Church after he resigns at the end of this month and will play no part in the election of his successor, the Vatican spokesman said on Tuesday.
"The pope has said in his declaration that he will use his time for prayer and reflection and will not have any responsibility for guidance of the Church or any administrative or government responsibility. This is absolutely clear and this is the sense of the resignation," Father Federico Lombardi told a press briefing at the Vatican.
(Reporting by Philip Pullella)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this