Pope will play no role in running Church after he resigns - Vatican
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict will step aside completely from any role in running the Church after he resigns at the end of this month and will play no part in the election of his successor, the Vatican spokesman said on Tuesday.
"The pope has said in his declaration that he will use his time for prayer and reflection and will not have any responsibility for guidance of the Church or any administrative or government responsibility. This is absolutely clear and this is the sense of the resignation," Father Federico Lombardi told a press briefing at the Vatican.
(Reporting by Philip Pullella)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article
Over 95 pct of Chinese cities failed to meet environmental standards - minister. Full Article