Sensex gains; ONGC, HPCL rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex is up 0.25 percent and the Nifty rises 0.16 percent. Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) rose 2 percent a day after its October-December net profit beat market expectations, while Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) rose 0.6 percent ahead of its October-December results later in the day.
Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) falls 1.4 percent ahead of its October-December earnings later in the day.
The government will release industrial output data for December around 11 a.m. According to a Reuters' poll of analysts, the worst is probably over for flagging Indian factories and industrial production could grow an annual 1.1 percent in December.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- Balance of payments rises on robust dollar inflows
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article