Sensex gains; ONGC, HPCL rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex is up 0.25 percent and the Nifty rises 0.16 percent. Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) rose 2 percent a day after its October-December net profit beat market expectations, while Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) rose 0.6 percent ahead of its October-December results later in the day.
Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) falls 1.4 percent ahead of its October-December earnings later in the day.
The government will release industrial output data for December around 11 a.m. According to a Reuters' poll of analysts, the worst is probably over for flagging Indian factories and industrial production could grow an annual 1.1 percent in December.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google commits to $1 billion in long-term office leases
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article