Sensex gains; ONGC, HPCL rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex is up 0.25 percent and the Nifty rises 0.16 percent. Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) rose 2 percent a day after its October-December net profit beat market expectations, while Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) rose 0.6 percent ahead of its October-December results later in the day.
Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) falls 1.4 percent ahead of its October-December earnings later in the day.
The government will release industrial output data for December around 11 a.m. According to a Reuters' poll of analysts, the worst is probably over for flagging Indian factories and industrial production could grow an annual 1.1 percent in December.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. fines Berkshire over stock deal, Buffett admits mistake
- UPDATE 2-UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- McCain calls for dramatic increase in US airstrikes against Islamic State
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article