Sensex gains; ONGC, HPCL rise
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex is up 0.25 percent and the Nifty rises 0.16 percent. Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) rose 2 percent a day after its October-December net profit beat market expectations, while Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS) rose 0.6 percent ahead of its October-December results later in the day.
Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) falls 1.4 percent ahead of its October-December earnings later in the day.
The government will release industrial output data for December around 11 a.m. According to a Reuters' poll of analysts, the worst is probably over for flagging Indian factories and industrial production could grow an annual 1.1 percent in December.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Asian economies to struggle on weak export demand - Reuters poll
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India will find it difficult to support new global customs rules without "an assurance and visible outcomes" that a permanent solution is being negotiated over its concerns about public food stockholdings, the trade minister said on Friday. Full Article