Government hopeful of closing trade gap in Jan-March: Anand Sharma
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is hopeful that exports in January will help close the trade gap, Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said on Wednesday.
Data released separately showed exports were up 0.8 percent in January while imports rose 6 percent. The trade deficit in January stood at $20 billion.
Sharma said gold imports are a matter of concern and a balanced approach is needed towards gold import duty.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Islamic State fighters halt Iraqi offensive to recapture Saddam's home town
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article