Government hopeful of closing trade gap in Jan-March: Anand Sharma
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is hopeful that exports in January will help close the trade gap, Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said on Wednesday.
Data released separately showed exports were up 0.8 percent in January while imports rose 6 percent. The trade deficit in January stood at $20 billion.
Sharma said gold imports are a matter of concern and a balanced approach is needed towards gold import duty.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article