Government hopeful of closing trade gap in Jan-March: Anand Sharma
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is hopeful that exports in January will help close the trade gap, Commerce Minister Anand Sharma said on Wednesday.
Data released separately showed exports were up 0.8 percent in January while imports rose 6 percent. The trade deficit in January stood at $20 billion.
Sharma said gold imports are a matter of concern and a balanced approach is needed towards gold import duty.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen
- Sting takes bold gamble to save his 'Last Ship' musical
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice
- Hagel move not seen scuttling efforts on innovation, warships
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article