Rupee pares gains; trade data eyed
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee was little changed at 53.8550/8650 versus its previous close of 53.85/86 as negative sentiment due to losses versus most other Asian currencies gets offset by demand from oil firms.
The pair opened weaker at 53.75 but soon recovered most of its losses to trade flat.
Gains in the domestic share market may, however, limit a sharp upside to the pair. The Sensex was trading up 0.4 percent.
Most Asian currencies also trading stronger compared with the dollar.
Traders will watch the trade data due to be released around 11:15 a.m. for immediate direction.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
- Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted |
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article