India's Tata Steel shares fall ahead of Oct-Dec earnings results
MUMBAI Feb 13 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Steel Ltd fell as much as 2.5 percent on Wednesday on worries the steel maker will report a October-December net loss later in the day, several traders said.
Tata Steel could post a net loss of 745 million rupees ($13.81 million) versus wider consensus estimates for a 842 million rupees net profit, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine SmartEstimate data, which measures the forecasts from top-ranked analysts against wider forecasts.
Traders said expectations have been lowered in recent sessions, with markets bracing for a potential net loss from Tata Steel.
Tata Steel shares were last down 2.3 percent at 375.8 rupees at 0937 GMT ($1 = 53.9300 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Manoj Dharra and Abhishek Vishoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Haemorrhaging talent, Infosys' new CEO allows staff to use Twitter, Facebook
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- Australia counter-terror police kill man after two officers stabbed
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article