India's Tata Steel shares fall ahead of Oct-Dec earnings results
MUMBAI Feb 13 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Steel Ltd fell as much as 2.5 percent on Wednesday on worries the steel maker will report a October-December net loss later in the day, several traders said.
Tata Steel could post a net loss of 745 million rupees ($13.81 million) versus wider consensus estimates for a 842 million rupees net profit, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine SmartEstimate data, which measures the forecasts from top-ranked analysts against wider forecasts.
Traders said expectations have been lowered in recent sessions, with markets bracing for a potential net loss from Tata Steel.
Tata Steel shares were last down 2.3 percent at 375.8 rupees at 0937 GMT ($1 = 53.9300 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Manoj Dharra and Abhishek Vishoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Captain of Korean ferry may not have been on bridge
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Ex-Goldman director Gupta starts prison term on June 17
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
The Election Commission has lifted a ban on a top aide of Hindu nationalist opposition leader Narendra Modi that had threatened to hobble his efforts to win votes in the country's most populous state. Full Article | Full Coverage