India's Tata Steel shares fall ahead of Oct-Dec earnings results
MUMBAI Feb 13 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Steel Ltd fell as much as 2.5 percent on Wednesday on worries the steel maker will report a October-December net loss later in the day, several traders said.
Tata Steel could post a net loss of 745 million rupees ($13.81 million) versus wider consensus estimates for a 842 million rupees net profit, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine SmartEstimate data, which measures the forecasts from top-ranked analysts against wider forecasts.
Traders said expectations have been lowered in recent sessions, with markets bracing for a potential net loss from Tata Steel.
Tata Steel shares were last down 2.3 percent at 375.8 rupees at 0937 GMT ($1 = 53.9300 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Manoj Dharra and Abhishek Vishoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article