India's Tata Steel shares fall ahead of Oct-Dec earnings results
MUMBAI Feb 13 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Steel Ltd fell as much as 2.5 percent on Wednesday on worries the steel maker will report a October-December net loss later in the day, several traders said.
Tata Steel could post a net loss of 745 million rupees ($13.81 million) versus wider consensus estimates for a 842 million rupees net profit, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine SmartEstimate data, which measures the forecasts from top-ranked analysts against wider forecasts.
Traders said expectations have been lowered in recent sessions, with markets bracing for a potential net loss from Tata Steel.
Tata Steel shares were last down 2.3 percent at 375.8 rupees at 0937 GMT ($1 = 53.9300 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Manoj Dharra and Abhishek Vishoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Putin says Russia wants to move to national currencies in trade
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Modi aims to shake up sanitation with Clean India drive
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article