Tata Motors gains after JLR sales rise 32 percent in Jan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rose 3.5 percent in early trade after its unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) said it sold 34,877 vehicles during the first month of 2013, an increase of 32 percent versus the same period last year.
Nomura said in a report on Monday that there is a likelihood that actual volumes of JLR may come in above its estimates or 35,000 units.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Northern California unscathed by 6.8 offshore quake
- UPDATE 1-Snowden: reforms vindicate my classified data leaks
- Evidence so far does not point to attack on Malaysian plane - sources
- Allianz lead insurer and Willis broker for Malaysia Airlines
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article