Tata Motors gains after JLR sales rise 32 percent in Jan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) rose 3.5 percent in early trade after its unit Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) said it sold 34,877 vehicles during the first month of 2013, an increase of 32 percent versus the same period last year.
Nomura said in a report on Monday that there is a likelihood that actual volumes of JLR may come in above its estimates or 35,000 units.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
India's battle with inflation and weak economic growth became more challenging on Thursday with a sharp spike in the cost of food driving the highest retail price rises on record and a worse-than-anticipated contraction in industrial production. Full Article