Tata Motors Jan global sales fall 16 percent, JLR up 30 percent
REUTERS - Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) said global vehicle sales in January fell 16 percent to 101,112 vehicles, the third consecutive monthly slide, but sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 30 percent to 38,173 vehicles.
Overall passenger car sales stood at 53,881 vehicles during the month, the company said in a statement, representing a fall of 19 percent from the same month a year earlier.
Tata, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold 47,231 commercial vehicles in January, down 11 percent.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article