Tata Motors Jan global sales fall 16 percent, JLR up 30 percent
REUTERS - Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) said global vehicle sales in January fell 16 percent to 101,112 vehicles, the third consecutive monthly slide, but sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 30 percent to 38,173 vehicles.
Overall passenger car sales stood at 53,881 vehicles during the month, the company said in a statement, representing a fall of 19 percent from the same month a year earlier.
Tata, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold 47,231 commercial vehicles in January, down 11 percent.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
The electricity board in this Indian city has been instructed to avoid any power cuts and officials have been told to have their shoes polished and their shirts tucked in: Nothing has been left to chance for this week's visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping. Full Article
Climate smart farmers get tech savvy to save India's bread basket. Full Article