Tata Motors Jan global sales fall 16 percent, JLR up 30 percent
REUTERS - Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) said global vehicle sales in January fell 16 percent to 101,112 vehicles, the third consecutive monthly slide, but sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 30 percent to 38,173 vehicles.
Overall passenger car sales stood at 53,881 vehicles during the month, the company said in a statement, representing a fall of 19 percent from the same month a year earlier.
Tata, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold 47,231 commercial vehicles in January, down 11 percent.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article