Tata Motors Jan global sales fall 16 percent, JLR up 30 percent
REUTERS - Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS) said global vehicle sales in January fell 16 percent to 101,112 vehicles, the third consecutive monthly slide, but sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover unit rose 30 percent to 38,173 vehicles.
Overall passenger car sales stood at 53,881 vehicles during the month, the company said in a statement, representing a fall of 19 percent from the same month a year earlier.
Tata, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold 47,231 commercial vehicles in January, down 11 percent.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article