Tech shares rally; TCS hits record high
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of software services exporters rally with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS.NS) hitting a record high, on hopes earnings will look up in fiscal 2014 on the back of an improving global economy.
Gains come a day after industry body, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), forecasts exports from the software services sector will grow 12-14 percent in 2013/14 to as much as $87 billion.
Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) shares gain 1.21 percent, while HCL Technologies Ltd (HCLT.NS) rises 3.53 percent.
TCS shares gain 2 percent, earlier hitting an all-time high of 1,441.65 rupees, after Nielsen Holdings NV (NLSN.N), best known for its TV ratings, increased the size of its contract with India's largest software service exporter to $2.5 billion from $1 billion.
"This reinforces TCS's positioning further in the large deal market and improves confidence in FY14 growth," HSBC said in a note dated on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.3 percent to an all-time high of 27,706.80. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.28 percent to a record of 8,275.15. Full Article