The Troubled Rupee
A top official said the government has options to stem a fall in the rupee but did not offer any specifics, turning the focus on the RBI to stem a rout that sent the rupee to record lows. Full Article
- "Hazardous" air, murky skies in Singapore from Indonesian fires
- Rupee at record low as India seen lacking options to brake fall
- Rupee slumps to record low; bonds, stocks slump
- Facebook has never been stronger since IPO, Sandberg says
- UPDATE 1-U.S. states, greens delay lawsuit, await Obama climate plan
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Jan core wholesale price inflation seen at around 4.1 percent
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's core wholesale price index (WPI) was estimated to have risen by 4.1 percent in January, according to a Reuters snap survey of three analysts and traders, just about in line with expectations of around 4.2 percent.
Core WPI was estimated to have risen 4.2 percent in December.
India's broader wholesale price inflation index rose 6.6 percent in January, government data showed earlier.
(Reporting by Mumbai treasury and markets teams; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this