The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan. Full Article
Eurocopter to sell 50 choppers to Indian firm: statement
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Eurocopter signed a deal on Thursday to sell 50 civilian helicopters to Indian firm Aviators, the French government said, one of a handful of agreements signed during the visit of President Francois Hollande to India this week.
Eurocopter is a unit of aerospace and defence company EADS (EAD.PA), which is also competing for a contract to sell 197 reconnaissance and surveillance helicopters to India.
(Reporting By Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this