India, France see EU trade deal concluded by April
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India and France said on Thursday they expected a free trade agreement between India and the European Union to be signed by April 2013, according to an Indian government statement.
Indian Trade Minister Anand Sharma said that the deal had undergone 15 rounds of negotiations already, and that they hoped the next round in March would be the last.
(Reporting by Matthias Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
- England have Cook to thank for winning position - Root
A group of World Trade Organization (WTO) members has informally discussed adopting a global overhaul of customs rules without India if New Delhi goes ahead with threats to block the deal, sources familiar with the talks said on Thursday. Full Article